Friday, March 8, 2013

I'm Alive!



I’m in Arusha! We survived Mwanza. Lol  I have endured bed bugs, fleas, fire ants, mosquitos, and spiders biting me while I was asleep.( Thank goodness they all weren’t at the same time!) I have survived several cramped dala- dala rides (sitting in of course the most uncomfortable positions) along with two 12 hour bus rides. I have skipped countless meals, and when I did eat it was small. I have completed my apprenticeship in slashing and hoeing. And, I was chased by drunks and called “Mzungu!” by so many children I felt like an alien.
But let me also tell you this. I got to swim (and bathe) in Lake Victoria! I have seen gorgeous sunsets and I have been able to climb many hills to find a captivating view. I have proclaimed the Word of the Lord! I was able to preach on two Sunday morning services and I was able to teach at one of our seminars. Also, I helped cast a demon out of a child by the power of the Holy Spirit! And I have discovered deeper, more radical love for my Lord.
You see, many people are familiar with Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” But have you ever focused on the few verses above that? It reads, “Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.” I have learned the discipline Paul is writing about.
Well everyone, my five weeks of outreach have been completed. When we were busy the days went by quickly, but on the days we didn’t do much, they seemed to last forever. I cannot believe there is only one week of DTS left.

 (Well when I first wrote this there was only a week left)

No comments:

Post a Comment