Friday, March 8, 2013

Thank You For Your Prayers



I just want to say thank you for keeping my in your prayers these last 6 months. As I look back on my journey so far, there are many times I am especially grateful. Here are some of those times:
Walking through the parts of Uganda where Kony and his soldiers were, looking into the eyes of innocent children and I knowing that if it were a few years ago these children would have been his victims.
Holding a child that is HIV positive, she looks into my eyes and flashes a giant smile. This same disease killed both of her parents, now she and her little sister are orphans.
 I felt the darkness and heaviness of witchcraft in certain areas of Mwanza. The men run to a life of drunkenness, the women turn to prostitution.
Seeing both children and adults possessed by demons.
The days when I felt homesick and a little lonely.
Times when walking down the streets I saw people with no limbs just lying on the side of the road in hopelessness.

I could go on with the different devastations I have seen. I wanted to write this post to simply raise your awareness. There is a different life beyond what we are used to in America. Please continue to pray for me here and pray for the people of Tanzania!



No comments:

Post a Comment