Friday, March 8, 2013

The Final Month



My last month in Africa…. I can’t believe it is already here. I write this post with mixed feelings. There is a part of me that is ecstatic to go home and to be able to see each of you again soon, and yet there is this other side of me that is not ready for this divine adventure to be over.
Thankfully, I DO have another month here in the great continent of Africa! Thank you again in all you have done to allow this to be possible for me. Words cannot express my gratitude. So, here is an idea of what I am doing this month.
Monday mornings I start my ministry week with base worship. This is the glorious time when the staff and students of the base meet together to worship our King. After this I walk to the New Vision School (a primary and secondary school YWAM founded) to work in the library. Then later that afternoon I walk some of the Tumaini kids (the orphanage founded by YWAM) and staff kids back to the base. Once we get there I help them with their homework. Once our session is completed, I head home. This is either a 5 min piki piki ride (motorcycle) or a 20-30 min walk, it really depends on if I feel lazy or not. :P At home I am able to relax and help my absolutely amazing roommate cook dinner! Ahh yes, one of the finer things of life…. Being able to cook for yourself. Haha I have missed this liberty the last 6 months. After dinner Nuru (obviously my roommate) and I have an English session. See, just one of the many reasons why I love this girl is because she is in fact Korean. :D So, I am helping her perfect her English and we are enjoying every minute of it. Patience is key on both ends of the deal. So, this is what both my Monday and Fridays look like.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays are a different story. These three days I am staying in Engikaret! Good ole Masai land. Here, I am able to help Nick (one of the YWAM staff) teach the adults two different languages. One class is learning English and another is learning Swahili. This is quite the task for me considering I know very very very little Swahili, but I’m up for the challenge.
Prayers appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment